This has been an intensive week, I had been require to make extra efforts on keep my attention going, and make sure that I move forward. That usually means that I am overwhelmed, overworked and overstressed. In the past, I will do this until I fell from exhaustion, this time, had been different, at the time I am writing this, I have an incredible amount of stuff to do, more than I am going to be able to do in many weeks, and many of them of extremely importance, I have been force to negotiate agreements with myself and others, but I have been moving forward.
What I have notice that change is that I am doing 3 things that are keeping me from overwhelmed, overworked and overstressed:
- I took some time for myself.
- I focus on the goal
- I keep moving, slowly but surely
I use Omnifocus as my GTD system, but there is also many next actions, projects, and things to do, because I am overwhelmed, overworked and overstressed, I can actually focus on them.
- First, I am making sure I took sometime for myself, I had been exercising for almost thirty minutes at five in the morning, and I am making sure that I am taking a five minute break in the morning and the afternoon, as well as read for twenty minutes. This little things keep me recharge and allow me to keep the levels of overwhelmed, overworked and overstressed in check.
- Second, I am revising my Omnifocus list and picking only three items, including the twenty five minute reading when appropriate, and the five minute break. This ensure that I am having success all the day.
- Third, I am moving, I am not keeping twitter, email, Omnifocus or anything else close, and I am only doing the things in my list of three items, when is done, I go to create the next list, evaluate all the important things and make sure that I keep some time for recharge, at least one every six items.
How are you making sure, than when you feel overwhelmed, overworked and overstressed, you are doing the right thing… or you are just hoping?